We’re already one week into January. In case you haven’t made your New Year’s resolutions yet – or you’ve broken them already – feel free to borrow mine!
1. I will finish writing my novel.
2. I will finish writing my novel.
3. I will finish writing my novel.
4. I will not feel guilty about eavesdropping. It is research.
5. Chocolate is NOT a writing aid, no matter how much I want it to be.
6. I will de-clutter my writing space.
7. I will turn off the Internet while I am writing, and not constantly check ‘one last fact’.
8. I will not automatically assume that everything I write is crap.
9. I will not automatically assume that everything I write is brilliant.
10. I will finish writing my novel.
HAPPY 2014 everyone! May all your writing dreams and desires come true 🙂
Photo credit: James Marvin Phelps / Foter.com / CC BY-NC
8 thoughts on “New Year’s Resolutions for Writers”
I needed to hear every one of those — thanks!
Glad you enjoyed them 🙂
Love these and with you on all but chocolate which somehow has to be a writing aid. It seems so magical. Happy New Year and may it be a great one for you.
I’m prepared to rethink the chocolate! Hope it’s a good one for you too.
Love your resolutions. Very funny. Very true. Exactly like my list, except you don’t have “lose 15 pounds” on there. But maybe that’s just my problem? Happy Blogging (and Happy Writing) in 2014.
Well, there is that bit of Christmas padding, but I’m still in denial about that! Happy Blogging for you too!
Thanks Stella, I needed to read those. Mine weren’t even written down or verbalized, so you know what happens then…nothing! Happy New Year and continued success in your writing.
Thanks, Laree. Let’s hope it’s a productive year for us both!
Comments are closed.