When I first started blogging, I didn’t realise what a warm and inviting community the blogworld is. It seemed so big and anonymous – but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. I’m getting to know and like many remarkable people from all over the world, and suddenly being a writer is far less isolating. I was touched when fellow writer and blogger Evelyne Holingue nominated me for the Liebster blog award. She’s a Frenchwoman living in the US and writing in both French and English. I admire people who can leave behind everything familiar to start again. I don’t think I’d have the courage! You can find out more about her here: http://evelyneholingue.com/
How the Liebster Blog award works
It’s not a traditional award bestowed by judges. Rather, it’s a getting-to-know-each-other process. The Liebster recognises blogs with fewer than 1000 followers that deserve recognition. Evelyne nominated me and sent me a list of ten questions, which I’ve answered below. I pass the compliment on to five other bloggers and ask them ten questions of my own. We link to each other and share the love. The hardest part has been restricting myself to only five wonderful bloggers! See them listed under my answers.
My answers to Evelyne’s questions
1. What do you remember of your first blog post?
I wondered whether anyone would actually see it! It felt like I was in an empty room talking to myself. Amazingly I got my first ‘like’ within minutes. It was such a buzz!
2. Why are you blogging?
I love writing and I love writing about writing. Blogging gives me a level of interaction that I just can’t get with books.
3. What do you like best and least about blogging?
I like the immediacy. You put up a post and – wham – response! I know, though, that not every post will interest every follower. I try to have a good balance but it’s hard to know if you’re hitting the right mark.
4. What blogs do you like to follow?
Other writing blogs, naturally. Book reviews. Anything to do with Greek Mythology – it’s one of my particular interests.
5. What would you like to share with your readers that they might not know about you?
My parents migrated to Australia from Greece. They worked so hard to give us a better life. They’re both gone now, but much of my writing reflects what I learned from them.
6. If money, job and family weren’t an issue where would you live and why?
On an isolated rocky beach. I want to listen to waves crash while I write.
7. Have you learned more from your successes or failures?
I’ve learned from both. They’re different sides of the same coin and you can’t have one without the other.
8. What is your idea of a day lived to its fullest?
Coffee. Reading. Writing. Walking. Repeat as often as possible, before time with my family at the end of the day.
9. What one key message do you want your readers to take away from your blog?
That success in any endeavour is possible if you persevere. That it is worth pursuing your passion because life is short. Oh, that’s two. Is it okay to put two?
10. Do you prefer the book to the movie or the movie to the book?
The book. Always the book. Movies never match the pictures a good writer can paint inside my head.
I’d like to nominate:
Dimity Powell http://dimswritestuff.blogspot.com.au/
Caylie Jeffery http://cayliejeffery.blogspot.com.au/
Herminia Chow http://aspiringwriter22.wordpress.com/
Anna Mayfair http://annamayfair.com/
Kristine Riddle http://kristineriddle.wordpress.com/
Here are my questions for them!
1. What made you decide to take up blogging?
2. What does your family think about you being a blogger?
3. At what time of day do you do your most productive writing/blogging?
4. What is your favourite form of social media and why?
5. What is your most vivid childhood memory?
6. Do you have an all-time favourite book or author?
7. What was your favourite subject at high school?
8. Where would you like to go on holiday, assuming no money restraints?
9. Which superpower do you wish you had and why?
10. What would you like to share about yourself that you readers might not know?
5 thoughts on “Loving the Liebster Blog Award!”
I was so interested to read your answers to the questions and learn a bit more about you. And then, what a surprise at the end when I saw my name listed with the nominees! Thank you. I guess I know what my next post will be about!
You’re welcome! I love your blog and I’m more than happy to say so. Looking forward to your post!
I loved learning more about you through your answers. Thanks once again for the nomination. Congratulations, you’ve earned it with such an awesome blog. 🙂
Thanks, and congratulations to you too! It’s a great concept for an award and I’m looking forward to reading your answers!
Comments are closed.